Tuesday, January 10, 2012

America's Biggest Threat - Our fat selves




I am a woman obsessed.

In my last post I prattled about Food, Inc. Well, folks, that was just the beginning. Since then I've been loading my Netflix queue with all sorts of related documentaries, and man, let me tell you - we are in trouble.

Don't believe me?

Well, maybe it's not my place to push an agenda (oh wait - this is MY blog. So...yeah, it IS my place) so I'll start with this list of recommended films and let you form your own opinion. If you can watch any of these and not walk away with some shred of outrage, I'll eat my hat. Hell, it's probably more nutritious than most of what's on the supermarket shelves anyway.

Food, Inc. See my last blog entry for commentary on that.
The Future of Food. Came out before Food, Inc. and is sort of a precursor to it.
Killer At Large: Why Obesity is America's Greatest Threat. Seriously. Weapon of mass destruction? Our fat ass selves.

Unrelated to obesity but still worth watching if you're the type to get pissed off about corporate control over what we buy in the supermarket - Tapped. It'll change how you look at bottled water.

Last night I watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, Joe Cross' documentary on juicing/juice fasting, and I'll tell you - I am sold. I'm gonna drink the koolaid. The raw, green, pulpy koolaid. More on that later. I'm shopping for a juicer now.







No comments:

Post a Comment