Saturday, June 25, 2011

I have stuff to say.

Welcome to my new blog.

Those of you who followed "As Planet Deedums Turns" in its heyday remember that I had intended for it to be more than just a glorified journal. But it didn't really turn out that way. Toward the end there it contained lots of personal whining and then just sort of fizzled out in favor of other endeavors - namely, school, and a fucked-up relationship that more or less turned my life on its head for its duration (and about which I began writing a private, anonymous blog). I really want something that's less "me me me" and more "this stuff interests/excites/bugs the shit out of me and I want to share, and possibly invite dialogue in the process."

I feel at this juncture that Planet Deedums needs to go the way of Pluto. It still exists, but isn't really a true member of the solar system. It'll still show up on the blogosphere radar, but there isn't a whole lot in the way of new life on it. I also didn't feel like changing the subtitle from "Musings of a 30-something Drama Queen." Planet Deedums was where I lived in my 30's. Now I'm 40. Time for a change.

"The Fat Prattler" is what an ex called me once. I thought it was funny. Rather than let it bother me, I embraced it, and decided to use it, kind of like a superhero moniker. The truth is that I am fat (and will be for quite some time, I would imagine, despite my frequent and ongoing efforts to remedy that - which will be discussed in future posts, I'm sure), and I do talk quite a lot. I have an opinion and I'm not afraid to express it. I'm a Gemini, too, so sometimes I have two opinions. Just sayin.'

As is my way, this blog will remain uncensored. I have a lot to say about a lot of stuff, and it's not always pretty. But that's life. And at 40, mine is just beginning. So come on in, pop a squat, and drop a comment if you wish. I'd like that.

Ever so...
The Fat Prattler

No comments:

Post a Comment